Planning approval and building and plumbing approval are two separate processes. Often a particular use or development of land may require a permit for planning, building and plumbing. If this is the case, separate applications are required and the Planning permit must be the first stage of the process.
The planning permit process regulates the use and development of land by assessing proposals against Council's planning schemes and the State's planning legislation. The planning approval process focuses particularly on the impact of a proposal on the site and neighbouring land. It addresses the following types of issues;
- Does it comply with planning scheme requirements?
- Is it located an appropriate distance from boundaries?
- Is the scale and size appropriate for the area?
- Is there adequate car parking?
- Does it create any access or traffic safety issues?
- Are the hours of operation appropriate for the area?
- Are there any environmental constraints that need to be considered?
Council planning officers are available between 8.00am and 4.30pm for assistance with;
- Enquiries regarding the Planning Scheme and other planning documents
- Pre-application discussions and assistance
- Lodgement of applications
- Viewing of advertised applications - click here for current Planning Notices
Alternatively contact our planning team on 6426 4444 or you may choose to email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Latrobe Interim Planning Scheme 2013 can be viewed at http://iplan.tas.gov.au/pages/plan/book.aspx?exhibit=latips