The Latrobe library is housed in an historic building which was originally the council chambers, built in 1883. There is wheelchair access to the library, and there is parking available both behind the library and on Gilbert Street.
The Latrobe On-Line Centre is also located within the library building.
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 1.00pm - 5.00pm (Not open Wednesdays or Saturday mornings)
Phone/Fax: 03 6478 4220
Services offered at the Latrobe Library include:
- Borrowing and reservations
- Access to recorded book and Home Libary Service
- Internet access (bookings recommended)
- Materials in a variety of formats, including videos and CDs
- Children's services
- TALIS (State Library catalogue)
- Access to information from State Reference Library in Hobart
- Access to information from Archives Office of Tasmania