Latrobe Works is responsible for the construction and maintenance of Councils Infrastructure Services. All new works, not publicly tendered, are undertaken by Latrobe Works on a semi-commercial basis.
Latrobe Works may also tender for publicly tendered works other than Council Funded Tenders, and undertake private works for ratepayers.
The Construction and Maintenance section is made up of four teams:
- Buildings - Team Leader Peter 'Smokie' Dawson
- Parks & Reserves - Team Leader Shaun Tuthill
- Roads (Inc Carparks, Bridges and Stormwater) - Team Leader Guy Woolley
Latrobe Works Principle Goals are;
- to be the principal provider of quality services to Latrobe Council;
- to expand the business and obtain respect from similar service client providers;
- to provide an accident-free workplace for employees and the community;
- to provide services at a competitive rate whilst maintaining quality and community focus;
- and maximise Latrobe Works efficiencies and plant with other service providers.